Friday, December 30, 2011

Eh... December 30, 2011


So I walked the dog this morning, and Daniel and I took her to the dog park this afternoon. That's really all there is to report. The thing is, it isn't especially cold. I also walked to work this morning, and it was no big deal. It was nice, really. Right around freezing, and hardly any wind.

There's a certain piece of us that thinks "weather" means drama. Days like today, I don't really notice the weather especially. It's been like that the last few days, come to think of it. Coming into this project, I assumed it was lack of attention on my part that made me "miss" the weather, but the fact is, as my wife once said to me about the challenges of writing about restaurants: There's only so many ways you can say "Eh...it was fine."

So when I conjure up the chechaquos freezing to death in the Yukon, or the Ice Man frozen into an Alpine glacier, I'm really upping the ante to what is in many ways a humdrum, everyday habit. And to some extent always has been. Some weather you endure, some you celebrate, and some you just try and ignore and get on with what you need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment